The Plasma Cosmos Paradigm
Electricity throughout the Universe
Atmospheric electricity: Lightning, blue jets, sprites and elves, examples of "Transient Luminous Events" in the atmosphere
Electricity in the Universe has been identified from beneath our feet, in animals and plants, our biosphere, and out to the furthest reaches of the Universe. In general, electricity is present wherever we find plasma, and since 99.999% of the visible universe is in the plasma state, magnetic field and electric currents are nearly everywhere.
This page summarises where electricity and electric currents have been considered to be important. Each item is supported by peer reviewed papers from scientists in a number of different disciplines.
Lightning above Mount Rinjani
See also: Telluric current on Wikipedia
- Underground currents up to a million amps have been discovered in Australia.
- Telluric currents have been discovered in Arizona in the San Francisco Peaks volcanic field.
- Earth's core: "Electric currents of about a billion amps flow across the boundary between the solid inner core and the fluid outer core that lies around it."
See also: Atmospheric electricity
- Lightning is probably the most common and well-accepted form of terrestrial electricity
- Fair weather field is the measured voltage different between the ground and upper atmosphere
- St Elmos Fire is a well-documented, but less common form of electrical discharge
- Auroras are an electrical phenomena in the upper atmosphere.
- Red sprites 
- Blue jets
- Gigantic jets (upward lightning) that can travel more than 60km (40 miles) into the ionosphere.
- Elves: the acronym stands for "Emissions of Light and Very low frequency perturbations from Electromagnetically pulsed Sources")
- Tigers: (Transient Ionospheric Glow Emission in Red)
- Trolls: (Transient Red Optical Luminous Lineament)
- Gnomes and *Pixies 
- Clouds on earth blown by the solar wind.
- Birkeland currents are electric currents that power the aurora (on Earth and other planets), and carry about a million amps.
Kirlian photograph of a coronal electric discharge in a hand (Source) This is artificially produced electricity
- Electric fields may shape tissue.
- Electric fish: are are number of over 300 species of fish and eels that can generate electric fields. (See Electric fish on Wikipedia)
- The Duck-billed platypus bill detects weak electric fields generated from the minute electrical signals passing between nerves and muscles in the tail of prey such as shrimp.
- Neurons fire electrochemical signals.
- Rattlesnakes generate 75-100 volts when shaken! The electrostatics may be used to sense their environment.
Extraterrestrial (cosmic) electricity
The electrified plasma of the interplanetary medium
- Cosmic electricity: "Almost all cosmic plasmas that have been studied in detail seem to be penetrated by magnetic fields. The presence of the magnetic fields implies that considerable electric currents must exist in the cosmic plasmas. As has been stressed by Alfvén such currents often have a pronounced tendency to flow in relatively thin filamentary and sheet structures. Nearby examples of this are found in the ionosphere and magnetosphere of the Earth. In situ measurements show that currents here flow in a complex network of filaments and sheets. Also in more distant plasmas like the chromosphere and corona of the sun, the solar wind, and the interstellar medium we find thin structures in the form of filaments and sheets. There is strong evidence that many of these narrow structures are subject to the pinching action of electric currents."
- Neutral sheet and near-earth magnetotail flux ropes whose "field-aligned current within these ropes may approach a million amps".
- Solar flares produce current loops.   
- Solar Corona produces current sheets.
- Sun spots 
- Heliospheric current sheet carries about 3×109 amperes,  with a current density of around 10-10 amps/m2 (space is big!)
- Interplanetary electric field has the same extent as the heliospheric current sheet, but the current run north-south. 
- Flux ropes (Birkeland currents) between the Sun and Earth were discovered by the THEMIS spacecraft, carrying 650,000 Amps to the Artic aurora. 
- Solar wind 
- Astrophysical jets carry electric currents   that have been estimated at up to 1018 Amps.
- Galactic current sheet: the analog of the "Heliospheric current sheet" is estimated to carry 1017 - 1019 Amps.
- Extragalactic jets (the analog of galactic astrophysical jets) carry electric currents.
- Comet nuclei charge electrostatically.
- Comet dust charges electrostatically causing it to levitate from the comet surface.
- Cometary current system: plasma tail streamers separated by a neutral current sheet, has a total current exceeding 108A.
- Cometary plasma tails, generate magnetic fields and electric currents of up to a billion Amp.
- Cometary atmosphere feature electric currents.
- Cometary aurora due to "current discharges into the atmosphere from the tail.
Venus' tail (flux ropes)
- Venus current system: Pioneer Venus Orbiter identified an induced electric field in the tail, and magnetic field reversals indicative of electric currents. 
- Meteoroids: "... in space are electrically charged due to cosmic rays, solar UV, and other effects (solar wind and ions and electron impacts)"
The electrified plume of Saturn's moon, Enceladus
- Moon dust: charges due to photoelectric effect,  interaction with the local plasma environment,  and contact charging. that results in levitation of the lunar dust, up to altitudes of up to 100km. Lunar craters charge too.
- Surface of the Moon: "the moon's surface becomes electrified during each full moon. The moon passes through the Earth's magnetotail, a cone of highly-charged particles, for about 6 days each month. On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds or thousands of volts."
Io-Jupiter flux tube
- Io-Jupiter flux tube: as Io crosses through Jupiter's atmosphere, an electric current is generated estimated at 10 million amps.
- Io's volcanoes have been suggested to be powered electrically.
Saturn’s moon Enceladus has electrically charged ice particles making up its plumes.
1. ↑ "Huge Underground Electrical Circuit", Science Frontiers, No. 54: Nov-Dec 1987. Citing: "Scientists Discover Huge Underground Circuit," Monash Review, p. 10, December 1986, Cr. R.E. Molnar
2. ↑ "Subterranean Electric Currents", Science Frontiers, No. 36: Nov-Dec 1984. Citing: Towle, James N.; "The Anomalous Geomagnetic Variation Field and Geoelectric Structure Associated with the Mesa Butte Fault System, Arizona," Geological Society of America, Bulletin, 95:221, February 1984
3. ↑ "The motor of the world", Science Frontiers, No. 108: Nov-Dec 1996. Citing: Stokstad, Erik; "Earth's Heart Is in a Spin," New Scientist, p. 18, July 20, 1996. The basic paper is: Song, Xiadong, and Richards, Paul G.; "Seismological Evidence for Differential Rotation of the Earth"s Inner Core", Nature, 382:221, 1996
4. ↑ Stern, D. P., "Electric currents and voltage drops along auroral field lines", Space Science Reviews, vol. 34, Mar. 1983, p. 317-325
8. ↑ Walter A. Lyons, CCM, Thomas E. Nelson, Russell A. Armstrong, Victor P. Pasko, and Mark A. Stanley, "Upward Electrical Discharges From Thunderstorm Tops", Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Volume 84, Issue 4 (April 2003) (PDF)
9. ↑ M Voiculescu, et al, "Clouds blown by the solar wind", Environmental Research Letters, Volume 8 Number 4, October-December 2013 (abstract and full text)
11. ↑ G. A. Germany, P. G. Richards G. K. Parks, M. Brittnacher, and J. F. Spann, "Global auroral imaging as a remote diagnostic of geospace" presented at AIAA Plasmadynamics and Lasers Conference, June 25, 1997
12. ↑ "The Currents Of Life", Science Frontiers, No. 12: Fall 1980. Citing: "Electric Charges May Shape Living Tissue," New Scientist, 86:245, 1980
13. ↑ "Platypus Bill An Electrical Probe", Science Frontiers, No. 45: May-Jun 1986. Cited in "The Battery-Operated Duck-Billed Platypus," New Scientist, p. 25, February 13, 1986
15. ↑ Electric Snakes, Science Frontiers, No. 96: Nov-Dec 1994. Citing: Vonstille, W.T., and Stille, W.T., III; "Electrostatic Sense in Rattlesnakes", Nature, 370:184, 1994
16. ↑ Carlqvist, Per, "Cosmic electric currents and the generalized Bennett relation", Astrophysics and Space Science (ISSN 0004-640X), vol. 144, no. 1-2, May 1988, p. 73-84
18. ↑ Elphic, R. C.; Russell, C. T.; Cattell, C. A.; Takahasi, K.; Bame, S. J., "ISEE-1 and 2 observations of magnetic flux ropes in the magnetotail - FTE's in the plasma sheet?" Geophysical Research Letters (ISSN 0094-8276), vol. 13, July 1986, p. 648-651.
19. ↑ Hannes Alfvén, per Carlqvist "Currents in the Solar Atmosphere and a Theory of Solar Flares" (1967) Solar Physics, Vol. 1, p.220
21. ↑ Karlicky, M., "Evolution of force-free electric currents in the solar atmosphere" (1997) Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.318, p.289-292
22. ↑ Zaitsev, V. V.; Stepanov, A. V., "Towards the circuit theory of solar flares" (1992) Solar Physics (ISSN 0038-0938), vol. 139, no. 2, June 1992, p. 343-356
23. ↑ Strauss, H. R.; Otani, N. F., "Current sheets in the solar corona" (1988) Astrophysical Journal, Part 1 (ISSN 0004-637X), vol. 326, March 1, 1988, p. 418-424
24. ↑ Jayanthan, R., "Electric Current in a Sunspot", Solar Physics, Volume 12, Issue 1, pp.104-105. April 1970.
25. ↑ Israelevich, P. L., et al, "MHD simulation of the three-dimensional structure of the heliospheric current sheet" (2001) Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.376, p.288-291
26. ↑ Duncan Alan Bryant, Electron Acceleration in the Aurora and Beyond, Published 1999, CRC Press, 311 pages, ISBN 0750305339 (page 176)
27. ↑ Gerd W. Prölss, Physics of the Earth's Space Environment: An Introduction, (2004) Translated by M. K. Bird, Springer, 514 pages, ISBN 3540214267 (pages 312-313)
29. ↑ "Multimedia for the Press Event for THEMIS" See Image 10: "Flux Ropes Power the Magnetosphere!: THEMIS discovered a flux rope pumping a 650,000 Amp current into the Arctic. "
30. ↑ Coleman, P., Jr. (1975), "Electric Currents in the Solar Wind", J. Geophys. Res., 80(34), 4719-4724.
31. ↑ Appl, S.; Camenzind, M. "The stability of current-carrying jets" (1992) Astronomy and Astrophysics (ISSN 0004-6361), vol. 256, no. 2, p. 354-370
32. ↑ Baty, H. "On the magnetohydrodynamic stability of current-carrying jets" (2005) Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.430, p.9-17
33. ↑ Philipp P. Kronberg et al, "Measurement of the Electric Current in a Kpc-Scale Jet", arXiv:1106.1397, (7 Jun 2011)
34. ↑ Hannes Alfvén and Per Carlqvist, "Interstellar clouds and the formation of stars]" (1978) in Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 55, no. 2, May 1978, p. 487-509
35. ↑ Jafelice, Luiz C.; Opher, Reuven; Assis, Altair S.; Busnardo-Neto, Jose, "Current generation in extragalactic jets by Cherenkov damping of magnetohydrodynamic waves" (1990) Astrophysical Journal, Part 1 (ISSN 0004-637X), vol. 348, Jan. 1, 1990, p. 61-72
36. ↑ Mendis, D. A.; Hill, J. R.; Houpis, H. L. F.; Whipple, E. C, "On the electrostatic charging of the cometary nucleus" (1981) Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 249, Oct. 15, 1981, p. 787-797.
37. ↑ Mendis, D. A.; Rosenberg, M., "Cosmic Dusty Plasmas" (1994) Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Volume 32, 1994, pp. 419-463
38. ↑ Mendis, D. A., "On the hydromagnetic model of comets]" (1978) Moon and the Planets, vol. 18, May 1978, p. 361-369
39. ↑ Ip, W.-H.; Mendis, D. A., "The generation of magnetic fields and electric currents in cometary plasma tails" (1976) Icarus, vol. 29, Sept. 1976, p. 147-151
40. ↑ Ip, W.-H., "Currents in the cometary atmosphere" (1979) Planetary and Space Science, vol. 27, Feb. 1979, p. 121-125
41. ↑ Houpis, H. L. F.; Mendis, D. A., "On the development and global oscillations of cometary ionospheres" (1981) Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 243, Feb. 1, 1981, p. 1088-1102.
42. ↑ Intriligator, D. S.; Scarf, F. L., "Wave-particle interactions in the Venus wake and tail" (1984), Journal of Geophysical Research (ISSN 0148-0227), vol. 89, Jan. 1, 1984, p. 47-55
43. ↑ Alfven, H., Cosmic plasma (1981) Astrophysics and Space Science Library. Volume 82), 1981. "III.5.3. "Current Systems in the Magnetosphere of Venus" Page 62
44. ↑ Edmond Murad, Iwan P. Williams, "Meteors in the Earth's Atmosphere: Meteoroids and Cosmic Dust and their Interactions with the Earth's Upper Atmosphere" (2002) Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0521804310 (p.257)
45. ↑ de, Bibhas R.; Criswell, David R., "Intense localized photoelectric charging in the lunar sunset terminator region 1. Development of potentials and fields" Journal of Geophysical Research, Volume 82, Issue A7, March 1, 1977, pp.999-1004
46. ↑ Pelizzari, M. A.; Criswell, D. R., "Lunar dust transport by photoelectric charging at sunset", In: Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, 9th, Houston, Tex., March 13-17, 1978, Proceedings. Volume 3. (A79-39253 16-91) New York, Pergamon Press, Inc., 1978, p. 3225-3237.
47. ↑ Timothy J. Stubbs, "A dynamic fountain model for lunar dust", Advances in Space Research, Volume 37, Issue 1, 2006, Pages 59-66
48. ↑ Sternovsky, Z., S. Robertson, A. Sickafoose, J. Colwell, and M. Horányi (2002), "Contact charging of lunar and Martian dust simulants, J. Geophys. Res., 107(E11), 5105
49. ↑ S. Doe, J. O. Burns, D. Pettit, J. Blacic, and P. W. Keaton, "The Levitation of Lunar Dust Via Electrostatic Forces", in Engineering, Construction, and Operations in Space IV, pp. 907-915
50. ↑ Stubbs, Timothy J.; Vondrak, Richard R.; Farrell, William M., "A dynamic fountain model for lunar dust", Advances in Space Research, Volume 37, Issue 1, p. 59-66 (PDF)
52. ↑ "Astronomers Discover That The Earth's Magnetotail Charges The Surface Of The Moon", Science Daily, October 1, 2008
53. ↑ J.S. Halekas et al, "Extreme lunar surface charging during solar energetic particle events", Geophysical Research Letters., 34, L02111, doi:10.1029/2006GL028517 (Full text, PDF)
54. ↑ Saur, Joachim; Neubauer, Fritz M.; Connerney, J. E. P.; Zarka, Philippe; Kivelson, Margaret G., "Plasma interaction of Io with its plasma torus", In: Jupiter. The planet, satellites and magnetosphere. Edited by Fran Bagenal, Timothy E. Dowling, William B. McKinnon. Cambridge planetary science, Vol. 1, Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-81808-7, 2004, p. 537 - 560. (PDF)
55. ↑ Herbert, F.; Lichtenstein, B. R., "Induced Electrical Current System at Io", Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, 1980, Vol. 12, p.676
57. ↑ Nancy Atkinson, "Electrically Charged Particles Found in Enceladus' Plumes", Universe Today, April 21st, 2009
From The Electric Universe Theory @ http://www.electricuniverse.info/Electricity_throughout_the_Universe
For more information about our electric cosmos see http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.com/search/label/electric%20universe
- Scroll down through ‘Older Posts’ at the end of each section
Hope you like this not for profit site -
It takes hours of work every day to maintain, write, edit, research, illustrate and publish this website from a tiny cabin in a remote forest
Like what we do? Please give enough for a meal or drink if you can -
Donate any amount and receive at least one New Illuminati eBook!
Please click below -
Videos - http://youtu.be/5AUA7XS0TvA
For further enlightening information enter a word or phrase into the random synchronistic search box @ http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.com
New Illuminati – http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.com
New Illuminati on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/the.new.illuminati
New Illuminati Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/newilluminati/feed
New Illuminati on Google+ @ https://plus.google.com/115562482213600937809/posts
New Illuminati on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/new_illuminati
New Illuminati on Google Follow - http://www.google.com/friendconnect/settings/edit?smpl=true&st=e%3DAOG8GaCFDeBRZ1yDY2DjCaq61tFDiwO07s%252Fwv3x8%252B%252FJgZJTLx5igbMomJIu3796Ja6n05WaS8qnJ0DLyeGk1q49tLD8m%252FhV1K%252Bq%252BQIOGOwLeWznnm5IGhzjfWzVnq5I4UJr3fw8yk%252B8W2OqwlCbL7BNsW32uouSc79Br%252BkOZQ1Fpzg6J3KMIZkzmg0%252FcPHsWUPqZv845VKS31S%252FbCm8NpINhlK1kDxUdRmcCkT37dIc4RB6PNurjCcd2%252BVkNBveCm4kAgeb8A3Q5hNj6%252FHplvQxKFI%252BW1TYBJVYqHHTKsnBPGcL6wlZdxTUwtfxWU2ZvANJQ%252F%252FUrolBwP7ovb92SZqSWMFJRnN2rsQ%253D%253D%26c%3Dpeoplesense
New Illuminations –Art(icles) by R. Ayana @ http://newilluminations.blogspot.com
The Her(m)etic Hermit - http://hermetic.blog.com
The Prince of Centraxis - http://centraxis.blogspot.com (Be Aware! This link leads to implicate & xplicit concepts & images!)
DISGRUNTLED SITE ADMINS PLEASE NOTE –
We provide a live link to your original material on your site (and links via social networking services) - which raises your ranking on search engines and helps spread your info further! This site is published under Creative Commons Fair Use Copyright (unless an individual article or other item is declared otherwise by the copyright holder) – reproduction for non-profit use is permitted & encouraged, if you give attribution to the work & author - and please include a (preferably active) link to the original (along with this or a similar notice).
Feel free to make non-commercial hard (printed) or software copies or mirror sites - you never know how long something will stay glued to the web – but remember attribution! If you like what you see, please send a donation (no amount is too small or too large) or leave a comment – and thanks for reading this far…
Live long and prosper! Together we can create the best of all possible worlds…
From the New Illuminati – http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.com